Thursday, May 5, 2016

About Me Book (Simple)

Here is an example of an about me book i create with kids. It allows them the chance to begin identifying what makes them unique. It helps to create a sense of identity. Depending on the particular client and situation I will either give them a blank book and allow the child free range OR i write the prompts in the book (my middle name is, i like to, i do not like to...etc) for them because i am seeking specific information.

MATERIALS NEEDED:
  • Colored Paper (card-stock preferred for sturdiness but not necessary)
  • White printer paper
  • Crayons, markers, paint, color pencils etc
Extra items may include: oil pastels, stickers, glitter, puff paint, photos, etc. 


EXAMPLES OF PROMPTS ARE: ( but not limited to...:)
MY MIDDLE NAME IS...
MY FRIENDS...
MY FAMILY...
MY SCHOOL...
I LIKE TO...
I DO NOT LIKE TO...
I AM GOOD AT...
I CAN IMPROVE...
ONE DAY I WILL...
MY COPING SKILLS ARE...
MY FEARS ARE...
IN SCHOOL I...
MY DREAM IS TO...
IF I HAD ONE WISH...
IF I WERE AN ANIMAL...
MY FAVORITE COLOR IS....

These examples are probing, open-ended questions that can help you to obtain some pertinent information about the child.
Have a happy day
Ayla

No comments:

Post a Comment